Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What I Did On Summer Vacation

Or: Why I'm glad we're almost done with summer.

So, this summer has, so far, been awful - with a few bright spots.

My wallet got stolen off of my dining room table while I was napping in the bedroom.

Alex got head lice.

I ran over a chipmunk.

Alex got bitten by a spider while camping and her eye swelled up and needed antibiotics.

Mom took her off the antibiotics because she feared that the antibiotics brought on Al's nosebleed, four days into treatment.

Alex has had four more nosebleeds.

Bryn's work contract was not renewed and he has been looking for a new job for over a month now.

His unemployment is being held up because he worked for an educational institution and therefore needs to go through adjudication before he even starts the unpaid week of unemployment.

My ex-husband hasn't paid child support since May.

Bryn was diagnosed with high blood pressure.

His doctor wants him to go on a pretty strict diet and I'm trying to be supportive and eat like him (90% fresh fruits and veggies and protein, 10% carbohydrates). I really love carbohydrates though.

Our insurance doesn't fully cover all the work that need to be done on Bryn's teeth.

I miscalculated how much I need for the diaper service. I'm $100 short.

My first reader for my thesis backed out and no one stepped up to the plate of their own volition. I was rescued - but it was a terrible three weeks until that happened.

We had to go settle Bryn's father's estate - and that didn't go well.

We need to get lifts for the baby's bed so that it's level with our bed.

We need tools we don't have to fix the baby's cradle.

It's rained so much that the vegetables in our garden have swollen before ripening.

My feet have been swelling too.

I need to flip over my pillow every two hours (when I get up to pee) because I've soaked it with sweat.

And now I'm reaching... It's just felt pretty crappy for a few months around here. I guess I just wanted to vent a bit.

We have four weeks to make the place baby ready. I'll read for my thesis. Visit Mom and wash all the baby's clothes. Bryn will bring back a piece of furniture for more storage and some tools to help him with the cradle.

Everything is going to get better.

My therapist would be so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment