Monday, June 18, 2012

Diapers 101

I went to the Cloth Diapers 101 on Saturday. Boy, are diapers complicated! Jessie is really sweet and really knows her diapers.

A few of the things I learned Saturday:

1. I can't do pocket diapers - my hand gets stuck trying to re-tuck them.


2. Pre-folds are probably the way to go until the baby starts crawling.

3. Number 2 means that I'm going to need some more diaper covers.

4. All-in-ones, which I thought I'd never want, are really cute and probably a good idea if I leave the baby with people uncomfortable with cloth diapers.


5. Given that I can't customize cycles on the machines at the laudromat (just rinse, just spin, etc.), I may be better off using a diaper service. Lots of wasted water and energy - and $3.75 for one load of diapers to get washed appropriately seems excessive. It is cheaper than the diaper service, if you don't think about the cost of the detergent and the time that goes into it (3 cycles x 38 minutes = nearly 2 hours of washing).

6. I get $10 off my first order through Jessie if I use the code she gave me at the class. That makes the class free, essentially. Or I could just get a really cute cover for cheap!

7. I can add stuff from Diaper Days to my Amazon Baby! Wishlist.

I really liked the class and Jessie. It was nice getting out and thinking about baby stuff by myself. I love doing the baby thing with Bryn; but I'm not sure I would have played dress-up with the doll quite so long if he'd been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment